Arnold Clark Car & Van Rental Insurance
The price of a rental from Arnold Clark is inclusive of insurance.
An excess will be charged for any vehicle accident damage however, an optional excess waiver can be purchased (subject to qualification). Please visit our additional services page for more information.
|Vehicle Type||Age||Vehicle Group|
||Driver can hire up to standard sized vehicle
(e.g. Vauxhall Astra)
||All Other Vehicle Groups
||Driver can hire up to a Group B van
(e.g. Ford Transit Short Wheel Base)
||All Other Vans
Our Insurance Covers
- Full repairs to Rental Vehicle in the event of a road traffic accident (excluding excess).
- Third party liability unlimited (including passengers in hired vehicle).
- Theft of vehicle and accessories (excluding excess).
- Cover would default if the necessary security precautions were not implemented i.e. if the keys were left in the ignition or the radio front was left in the vehicle.
- We reserve the right to increase the excess with each incident.
- The standard excess is £500, however, a higher excess may be applied in certain circumstances.
Our Insurance Does Not Cover
- Theft of property within the vehicle.
- Driver of the hired vehicle's personal injury or loss of life (their own insurance would have to cover this).
- Excess waiver does not cover wheels and tyres.
- UK drivers must hold and produce a full category British Driving Licence for the type of vehicle hired and 2 further forms of identification. This can be 2 bills or 1 bill and another form of photographic identification, preferably a passport. Acceptable documents include utility bills and bank or credit card statements issued within the last three months. Please note that drivers with a photocard licence must bring both parts.
- EU drivers must possess a driving licence and either a passport or ID card. Drivers outwith the EU must possess a valid domestic driving licence with English translation. If English translation is not available, an international driving permit is required in addition to a domestic driving licence. A passport must also accompany a domestic driving licence.
- Licence must be valid for the current period of the rental and have been held for at least 4 years.
- A licence may have a restriction to the number of seats on a vehicle, which the licence holder is entitled to drive. For most European countries this is 8 plus driver.
- Any penalty points should be notified.